I feel like I had a really good year of reading and enjoyed most of what I read. I actually read 58 books, but those missing ones I just didn’t record on GoodReads (ie, all the smut). If you want to check those out, look at my monthly book posts. So, what was notable about my 2021 book life?
- I finished my reread of A Court of Thorns and Roses before the release of A Court of Silver Flames (which I read twice in two weeks)
- I read some new-to-me authors including Jennifer L. Armentrout, TJ Klune, and Kristin Cashore
- I was gifted and thoroughly enjoyed reading the first installment of the Crescent City series by Sarah J Maas (thus securing her position as one of my fave authors)
- At my friend Annette’s urging I finally read the Black Jewels trilogy (plus one) and agree that Daemon Sadi is a definite yes as a book boyfriend
- I started the journey to rereading the Black Dagger Brotherhood series and made it through the first seven books
I realized after I pulled this that I was also missing the first Black Dagger book, Dark Lover, which brought my GoodReads number to 43.
So, what’s on deck for 2022? Since I read over 50 books this year, I decided to set my 2022 challenge to 50. I think I can do it. And here are some plans:
- finish my reread of the Black Dagger Brotherhood and read the new ones to get current
- reread House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City 1) in advance of the release of House of Sky and Breath in February
- read the Throne of Glass series
- finish reading the All Souls trilogy by Deborah Harkness
- finish reading that damn vampire series I got sucked into